THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finals upon us

So last night I fell asleep studying for my Greek final. And that was at 7:30 or so. At least it's because I had had 3 straight late nights. My final paper was due in my Early Church History Class, and I have two finals to do prior to tomorrow officially. Unofficially, I have until Monday to finish up one of the two. But then my first round of classes is over--and fairly successfully I believe, too!

And Amanda's busy wrapping up her semester as well. She just had her last clinical yesterday up at The Mayo Clinic. I know she's been liking this rotation and is thinking that critical care is forerunner for the specialty that she'd like to get in! She's finishing up her requirements, some due this week, others next week, which are her finals as well. After this semester is done, it's only 3 more to go! And this one she is wrapping up is considered the most difficult.

As for the rest of our lives outside of school, we are doing a little, fairly impromptu, Christmas party this Saturday night. There will be a few people there, but we only asked a week out so the numbers are still staying kinda low, but it should be fun. It is a champagne tasting and white elephant gift Christmas party. Should be fun, I think!

Work is work and still progresses. I definitely see a difference in the economy there. My work has had to make some cut backs, not because we aren't solid, but simply because there are no jobs for us to get here in Arizona. There are a few on the horizon, but we have to get there. And even out here on the job I am working on, you can see the different subcontractors are scaling down their operations because there just isn't the work that there was. Construction is definitely not the boom industry it was even a year ago. But it is all a cycle, and our company should be fine long term. Amanda's work is great - only 12 hours a week! She's going to apply, most likely, for an extern position at her hospital, which will require a couple more hours, but also gives her increased duties at the hospital and better pay. It should also help her transition into nursing once she graduates!

0 comments: