THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving as the Hosts

This Thanksgiving Nic, Andrea, and Brian Jr drove down from Colorado to share Thanksgiving with us. My mom headed up to Minnesota, with Vern, to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family. I thought having my brothers come down to Phoenix was the next best thing so we could all spend time together. Rob and I were really excited to host the Thanksgiving dinner. My only hesitation: would I be able to pull of a delicious & moist turkey?!


They left Colorado Wednesday around 5pm (from Colorado Springs). They drove through the night and go into town around 5am Thursday morning. We got them set up in bed and then went back to bed ourselves. They woke up around 8am so the boys could go play football with the church. Andrea and I got up as well and chatted and went about deciding how to start preparing our feast.

I finally got the turkey in the oven around 1130am. Next year, I will give the turkey more time to defrost (4 days instead of 3) and get up earlier to get the turkey in the oven. We then went about taking showers, getting to know each other, watching football, etc. At 3 we started making our sides and had dinner served around 6 pm. Way too late for my taste, but it was my first time getting things prepared so i'm not being hard on myself. Other than it being served at 6pm, it was a success! The turkey was delicious. The best compliment was Rob saying ( a couple times) how good the turkey was. I was very happy it turned out great :)

Everyone (including the dogs by licking the dishes clean...shhh!) helped with clean up! We had the whole kitchen clean in less than 45 minutes, it was awesome. We then sat down and played the game "Things". I turned in early that night because I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled the next morning. I was feeling very, very anxious about that! I will write in another post how that went...but for now, I gotta go study for an exam. Just wanted to get some blogging down about our Thanksgiving. It really was great, we enjoyed having my brothers and future sis in law, and 2 dogs, and 1 cat running around the house. I love a house full of family!!!

1 comments:

Aston Family said...

That is soooo impressive Amanda! I don't quite think I could pull off a Thanksgiving feast but you did it! :) You go girl!!