THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Desert in Bloom & Weird Sleep/Wake Schedules




can you believe the blooms on that prickly pear cactus? the desert is in full bloom right now and it is unbelievable. there are yellows, oranges, pinks, fuschia, even purple...my favorite color! we had a lot of rain this winter and it has turned this desert into an incredible array of color.
the picture of the with the prickly pear cactus i captured on my phone. i was walking to my car after a class this past week and the colors caught my eye, i literally stopped midsentenced and said "rob, you wouldnt believe the blooms on this cactus! i gotta let you go so i can take some pictures!" this time of year goes by too quickly, i am trying to savor every minute of it.
...but its hard to do that when you are up all night and sleep all day! that is currently my schedule, it bites! even when i dont have to work, my body doesnt let me sleep until 3/4 in the morning. for instance, tonight i was tired after small group so rob and i went to bed around 945pm. at 1215am i woke up, wide awake. i tossed and turned till 115am and finally got out of bed. now, after watching some television (16 and pregnant, such a great show! i really feel for those teen moms), i am now on the computer. after finishing this post, i am going to start working on some schoolwork, that should put me to sleep!!
4 weeks till graduation, wow.

1 comments:

Aston Family said...

Haha Amanda I can totally relate and it is terrible! I was just noticing that all my posts are after 11pm! LOL! Stupid night shifts are slowly killing me! Hang in there! We are almost done! :)