THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home Alone!


This weekend Rob is visiting Joe in Seattle. Since Rob has never been to Seattle, he's really excited to be there! I touched base with him this morning and him and Joe were on their way to Tacoma to meet up with a friend from West Point who Rob hasn't seen in a few years.

I woke up early and went to work to finish off my 4 of 12 hours I need to put in every week. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find 12 hours to work some weeks! I usually end up working on the weekends which I hate because I'm so tired by the weekend and just want to sleep in! So now I'm home and I've been putzing around on the computer instead of getting done any of the "To-Do"s on my list :) The one I did do was stop by the bead store (Destiny's Beads) to pick up the tool I needed to create a unique type of bead jewerely called wire wrapping. I'm so excited to learn this technique so I can start making gifts for people!

I'll end this blog by talking about the two things dearest to my heart other than Rob...Sonora & Socrates. :) Socrates is doing great like always. Right now he is laying by my feet, he likes to come cuddle up to me when I'm on the computer. Sonora is still high energy and cute. We had to take her to the vet again because she has Demodex, a mite that lives in the hair follicle of dogs. All dogs more than likely have this mite, but it normally causes no harm. Just like the normal flora that lives in our gut (e.coli and the such). Well, since our sweet little Sonora has such a cruddy immune system, this mite is alive and well on her. We are starting our second round of treatment with her. The medicine tastes nasty and she hates it. She's learned to recognize when she is about to get her medicine and runs off. We also have to give her a pill which is "horsepill" size. All we have to do is coat it in peanut butter and down it goes. She loves it! The cons about this mite: she looks kinda funky because she is missing patches of hair. The pros: at least it doesn't cause any itching and it doesn't spread to other animals or humans.

Well enough talking about her, I'm going to go get her from outside and maybe start on my "To Do" list :)